THERE’S GOT TO BE SOME WAY TO KEEP MY TROUBLES DISTANT…
Just some random thoughts for today:
- I need to hear “The Sun Always Shines On TV” by a-ha exactly once every three years. Someone please remind me of this on December 11, 2006.
- Has there ever been a band I’ve lost interest in faster than The Strokes?
- When, oh when, will the Cheeky Girls come to America already? Dammit, I want to have a cheeky Christmas!
- I’m dreading today’s office Christmas luncheon. If it’s anything like last year’s, it’ll be just like the lunchroom scene in “Welcome to the Dollhouse” (“Um… can I… sit… here?” “Go ahead. Somebody barfed there fourth period.”), except for the open bar and the complete absence of cool kids. Man, I wish I had friends at work. Or at least drinking buddies.
- I can’t believe I almost completely remembered the Quadratic Formula last night. All I forgot was the –b part. Man, I am a geek.
- I finally got around to googling OCDs. It turns out I’m even higher on the freak chart than I thought. Either right now or at some point in the past, I have had every obsession and compulsion listed on that page except “religiosity”, “hoarding”, “repeating/redoing” and, sadly, “sexual themes”.
- Might I suggest a Dean/Gore ticket? Dean/Gore ’04 just has a great ring to it. And by Gore, of course, I mean Tipper.
- Has anyone else noticed that the people with the most annoying voices are the ones who’ve stuck around the longest on this season’s Survivor? Based on that theory, I bet Darrah wins.
- I have no idea what this thing does, but someone I know is getting one for Christmas!
- Does anyone know how long it takes before gift basket cheese and sausage goes bad? Would re-gifting a year-old basket to my boss be too low even for me?
- Drew won’t let me call his dad Mr. T, because that’s what we call the toilet.
- My picks for Paltrow/Martin baby names: If it’s a boy, Bruce (after her dad, of course, sob sob), and if it’s a girl, Free Trade Now.
UPDATE: I emailed Hickory Farms with the gift basket question, and they emailed me back immediately with a detailed, non-automated response (big props to Hickory Farms customer service, especially since that’s not even where my gift basket was from). Their cheeses have a shelf life from 3-12 months, and their “beefstick” is good for 7-9 months. So I’ve decided that instead of an expired gift basket, my boss gets zilch. I’ll deal with the awkwardness of not having a gift to give him. It beats being a chump.