APATHY IS THE NEW ACTIVISM
- To have no lines at the polling place.
- To know that no matter what the results are, you’ll sleep well tonight.
- To mark your ballot in under a minute and get back home to see the cover of the new Harry Potter book revealed on the “Today Show”.
- To have an election that doesn’t really matter.
- To have an election that isn’t about good vs. evil.
- To use the “eenie, meenie, miney, moe” system for all those silly little local races full of people you’ve never heard of and which nobody gives endorsements for.
- To make peace with the flaws of inkavote and the incompetence of the polling place workers. If they don’t count my ballot… eh!
Today, at last, I feel like a true American.
Somebody wake me when Gary Coleman’s running for something again.