Here it is. The site redesign I’ve been teasing for ages. Where Do Gaybies Come From is now…
Who is Mommy Man, you ask? Well, he’s me, Jerry Mahoney, one of two fathers of two-year-old twins conceived through gestational surrogacy, recently transplanted to the NY burbs from LA and an aficionado of the skillet cookie. If you’re new here, you can get more info on the About page. If you’re a regular reader, I’m the same guy you’ve been reading about all this time. I’m just finally revealing my secret identity. The glasses fooled you, didn’t they?
So why Mommy Man?
- Where gaybies come from, so to speak, was only one part of what this blog was about, so it made sense to find something a little broader.
- Some people misread the term “gaybies” to mean that the kids are gay, rather than the parents. “Adventures of a Gay Superdad” makes it clear just who we’re talking about.
- Because I want more attention, dammit! Those meddling kids were stealing my limelight! This blog is about me, me, ME!
Things to know:
- The blog content isn’t changing. It’ll still be the same mix of personal anecdotes and information about gay parenting that it’s always been. I just decided that Mommy Man more accurately reflected what the blog has become.
- No need to update your bookmarks. The URL isn’t changing. Wheredogaybiescomefrom.com will continue to redirect to jerry-mahoney.com, and now, so will mommyman.com.
- I’ve added a Featured Posts slider below my header, so new readers can easily find their way to some of my favorite posts from the past. You may need to scroll down a bit more than usual to get to the new content, but it’s there, and it’s swell.
I hope you like the redesign. I started this blog as a fun part-time diversion from the other writing I do, but it’s been such a pleasure connecting with other gay dads, other bloggers and so many wonderfully supportive readers. As always, if there’s anything you’d like to know about me or gay parenting in general, please feel free to ask in the comment section. (I’m working on a Gay Dad FAQ, among other things.)
And if you like something you read here, then share, share, share! There should now be options below every post to Reddit, Digg and Pinterest me, in addition to the Twitter and Facebook buttons. I spend an embarrassing amount of time checking my site stats, and nothing makes me happier than seeing people posting my links on their Facebook pages. It really boosts traffic, too. If you haven’t subscribed or liked me on Facebook yet, then please do!
Until the next post, my work here is done. (That’s what a superhero says, right?) If you encounter any problems or frustrations with this new layout, please let me know. Sadly, web design is Mommy Man’s kryptonite.