- Huffington Post lists Mommy Man as one of 10 Books By Dads that You Need This Father’s Day!
- Metro included me on their list of Three Father’s Day Book Picks!
- Designer Daddy featured me and my family on his list of 25 Reasons Having Day Dads is Awesome! And his article is now up on the Huffington Post!
- Science of Parenthood published this fun interview with me. It’s a great parenting site. Check it out!
- I’ll be Hangin’ with Langan tonight from 10pm-1am on KGO 810am. Maureen Langan is a hilarious comic and talk show host, so it should be a really fun show. If you’re not in the Bay Area, you can listen to the archive on her site later this week.
- Rukkle put Mommy Man on their list of Top 10 summer reads for 2014!
- Mombian has a nice roundup of Father’s Day posts from and about gay dads, which includes my post on 5 Myths About Gay Parents I’d Like to Wipe Out Forever.
- It’s a big week for readings, New York area friends! I’ll be at the Upper West Side Barnes & Noble in Manhattan on Monday at 7pm, and Anderson’s Book Shop in Larchmont on Thursday at 6:30pm. If these are anything like my LA reading last week, they’re going to be a real blast. There will even be some special guests, including a lady we call Aunt Susie, who you may have heard about. Check my appearances page for more details.
- Most of all, Happy Father’s Day to all of you who’ve been barfed on, whined at, told “I hate you!” and who hopefully, at least once in a while, get the hugs and gratitude you deserve.
Tag Archives: Designer Daddy
A Big Bunch of Stuff for My Birthday
It’s been a busy couple of weeks, so I wanted to make sure a few things didn’t get lost in the shuffle:
- My eBook is now available! Kindle, iBooks, Nook, you name it. If you play Candy Crush on a device, you can also read “Mommy Man” on it. See if you can get 3 stars on Chapter 1!
- The amazing Amy Wruble of Carriage Before Marriage conducted a really fun interview with me at Lifetime Moms. Check it out here and read what one of my proudest moments with my kids was.
- I wrote a piece for Scary Mommy last week called “The B-Plus Parent: 5 Perfectly Acceptable Reasons to Shout at Your Kids“. It got over 22,000 shares (that’s not a typo — twenty-two THOUSAND!), and if you haven’t checked it out yet, I think it’s a fun read.
- Another belated link, but this post from my friend Brent at Designer Daddy about gay dads and Mother’s Day is worth reading, even if you have 51 weeks before the next Mother’s Day.
- This blog got a very nice review and a spot on the blogroll of NY Metro Parents.
- Through A Glass, Darkly raved about my book: “I really did laugh and cry while I was reading it. I read this on Mother’s Day and it was a perfect reminder of the miracle of life.”
- You may have noticed on the sidebar, but my DC event on May 23rd has been postponed until later notice. It should be rescheduled for later in the summer, and I’ll be posting here when I know the new date.
- Apropos of nothing, that picture above is one of my current faves. I did not ask Sutton to pose for that picture, and I certainly did not tell her to wink at the camera. She just jumped up on that bench, struck the pose and asked me to snap it. So I did.
- It’s my birthday! Yes, today! The best present you can give me would be to buy my book for yourself or someone you know who is as cool as you. And if you’ve already read it, maybe you could write me a nice review online somewhere. Aw, shucks, you shouldn’t have!